Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Luke 2:14 - "Happy Birthday Jesus"


“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Luke 2:14


Happy Birthday, Jesus!  Woo hoo!  I know there is controversy about December 25 not really being the day Jesus was born.  I also know there are a lot of things in the Bible I don't completely understand.  But what does it matter?  First of all, we should celebrate His birth each and every day.  If He wouldn't have born, He couldn't have died to save our sins.  Secondly, people need to not get so caught up on the worldly things such as dates chosen by men but instead need to focus on the souls of men.  



When I get to heaven, if the Lord decides I need to understand all then I will.  Until that point I will continue to study and grasp what He gives me to understand.  I love how I can read the same scripture over and over again yet it is only in one particular moment the light bulb comes on and I understand it.  Woo hoo!  He is such a Great Father!  He disciplines me.  He loves me.  He understands me.  He makes it possible for me to have the desire in my heart to follow Him in such a way that blesses me in abundance.

As I reflect on today, I am sad that my "babies" are no longer at home.  But I am blessed in knowing they have their own babies to spend this day with.  I am soooo blessed with having time with them to celebrate a few days ago.  I am also blessed in knowing my Momma is with Richard and Tess for her first Christmas without my Daddy.  Another blessing is that there are enough workers at Mansfield today so we didn't have to worry about us not physically being able to be there.  As I sit here in my warm house with my hubby and four-legged buddy I am reminded of the blessing of provision the Lord gives us.  He provides for us physically with heat, food and the essentials of life.  He provides for us emotionally and mentally as we go throughout our days of ministering.  He provides for financially so we can bless others.  

I remember the way my friend Lenore use to always pray.  "Lord, bless them physically, spiritually, financially, mentally, emotionally and professionally."  What a blessing she gave us in her prayers.  We are so blessed in all areas of our life.  Yes, we are struggling in our physical bodies but we are strong in the Lord and know He will provide exactly what we need.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me enough to come to this earth as a baby so that You could die to save us.  Thank You for being the One who blesses us in abundance.  Father, I pray for people to remember the true reason of Your birth, not just today but in the days to come.  I pray for more to find a relationship with You in the days ahead.  Father, thank You for being My Savior!  Amen.

No comments: