Saturday, December 14, 2013

II Timothy 1:7 - "Perfect Peace"

As I was going into my procedure yesterday, Doc asked me if I was scared.  I had this warm feeling come over me as I said "No."  The Lord gave me II Timothy 1:7 a few days ago and then again right at that moment.  My paraphrase…God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.  Once again, right before the doctor put the medicine in my IV the Lord gave me the same verse.  Woo hoo!  I had such a peace in me!  I knew whatever was ahead, me and the Lord had it!  

The complications after the procedure weren't any fun but I was thankful to get a clean bill of health in the end.  The enemy can cause such turmoil in us when we give into him.  We have to stay close to the Lord and lean on Him for whatever comes our way.  When we allow Him to take over our thoughts and actions when dealing with the junk of life, He will give us His Peace.  There is nothing better than His Peace.  I praise Him for giving me His Peace through this storm.  

Part of the lyrics of Laura Story's song "Perfect Peace" goes…"Though I may not calm the storms around up, You can hide in me…Burdens that you bear, Offer no relief, Let me bear your load, Cause I will give you perfect peace…"


His peace is perfect no matter what we go through in life on this earth.  Sometimes it's hard to find His peace because of circumstances beyond our control.  Sometimes it's hard to not allow the "what ifs" to take over my minds.  Sometimes it's hard to give up our own control and allow Him to control our thoughts.  But no matter what happens in those "sometimes" He is ready to give us His Perfect Peace!  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for Your Perfect Peace!  Thank You for the reminder of II Timothy 1:7 yesterday!  Thank You for being with me every step of the way on this recent path!  Thank You for the good results from the procedure!  Thank You for guiding the doctor!  You are My Perfect Peace and I am so grateful for You being my life.  Thank You Jesus for being My Perfect Peace!  Amen.

No comments: