Tuesday, September 29, 2020

John 13:34-35 - "Love God, Love People"


I woke up this morning with the words to Love God Love People that Danny Gokey sings. It made me think about the sermon God gave me to share last Sunday. Before you can love with Jesus’ love you must know His love.

Gotta keep it real simple, keep it real simple
Bring everything right back to ground zero
'Cause it all comes down to this
Love God and love people (People)
We're living in a world that keeps breakin'
But if we want to find a way to change it
It all comes down to this
Love God and love people

Oh this is freedom (This is freedom)
The keys to the Kingdom (Hey-ey)
Knowing life will be found when love can be loud
'Cause love is what it's all about

Yes! God's love is what it's all about! But we cannot live in His presence without knowing His love. We cannot share His love with others if we do not know His love. Knowing His love is the secret that gives such freedom to live. Knowing His love brings life to a dead spirit. Knowing His love puts a bounce in our step. Plain and simple. Knowing His love is where we all need to live. Our lives will be forever changed when we know His love and live it out intentionally. Other people will be blessed through us as we love on them with His love. Doc lived out God's love in so many ways. He loved on people with God's love because he was in relationship with Him. God's love oozed out of him because he allowed it. He taught me so much about how to love with God's love. He taught me what a life sold-out to God was all about. I am so grateful God gave us almost thirty-one years of marriage for me to see and experience His love through him. I miss him greatly and am trying to adjust to life without him but some times are just harder than others. Right now with Mordecei struggling is one of those times. We had talked about his time of leaving us getting closer. At times I wish it would have ended before Doc's time did but other times I'm thankful I have him with me through these days. I pray God will give me wisdom on when the time is and keep my tribe supporting me through it. I sure do not want something to distract me from loving with God's love but I also know my grieving has to happen. I have to allow the tears to flow when they come as I did yesterday with talking about Doc with Marlene. I have to allow God to give me wisdom in making decisions as I did yesterday with the truck. I am so grateful for His love that flows in and through me. Oh how I must get better at sharing it with others. I know it may not always seem easy to do because there are a lot of people who don't want to accept His love. But I still need to follow His commandment found in John 13:34-35.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just like I have loved you; that you also love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

I sure do want to be known as one of His disciples who loves with His love. Doc was the perfect example of this type of person. I desire to walk in his footsteps in being a perfect example too.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the wisdom You gave me yesterday and the wisdom You will continue to provide. Lord, cleanse me so I can walk in obedience to Your voice. I desire to live in Your presence 24/7 so I can love others as You desire. Thank You for answered prayers with Will's brother having successful surgery yesterday! I pray for Your touch upon his life as they await test results. I also continue to pray for Nichole with the post surgery pain she is experiencing. I pray for comfort for Amanda Flores and her family with the loss of her father. Lord, there are so many hurting people in this world and there are so many of us who love with Your love. May You put us together today to strengthen all of us. Lord, thank You for wisdom given yesterday with the truck and thank You for wisdom You are going to give with Mordecei. I am so grateful for the way You continue to give me what I need during this time of grieving Doc. Oh how I miss him being here with me. It is so hard to do life without him but I know You will give me what I need through these days. Thank You Jesus for being My Life! Amen.


No comments: