Monday, September 16, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 5:3; Isaiah 65:17-18a - "Home"


Yesterday was a day with many instances of realizing this is not our permanent home. I am reminded of the words of a song Chris Tomlin sings called "Home"...

I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong
Home

Yes! There is comfort in these words. There is promise and hope found when they go through my head. But not everyone has such hope if they are not in relationship with God. We, as believers must get better at sharing His love with others. If we don't, there will be many people spend eternity in hell. Hearing of boat accidents; the death of a teen in a car accident; a machine being unplugged on another person made for a day of praying a lot for those who were hurting yesterday. It also made for a lot of reflection on those in my little world who need me to be more intentional with sharing the love of Christ. Doc's sermon yesterday was also thought-provoking in this manner. We all go through 'tough' days but we have the choice as to whether we will allow the enemy an open door into our lives or if we will allow the Lord to have full control. Matthew 5:3 in The Message reads: You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule. Getting to the end of self is where life really begins. It is at that point that we quit making decisions and trust Him with every aspect of life. It is at this point His peace is found in a way that is unimaginable. It is where freedom is found. It is where Hope is found. I love the word picture this song gives...Where every fear is gone, I'm in Your open arms, Where I belong, Home! I see myself climbing up on my Heavenly Daddy's lap and being loved on. There will no longer be accidents, deaths, etc. Instead there will be peace. I no longer will have a prayer list full of petitions but instead will be praising Him. Woo hoo! I'm so ready to be where there will be no more disease, sorrow, etc. But I can't hurry things. There is work to be done here on this earth. Lots of work to be done and I need to be doing it. I need to make sure I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me to be Jesus to those He puts in my path. I need to make sure His love flows from me in the way He desires. I cannot get caught up in 'stuff' of the world and miss anything He has for me to do or say. The only way for that to happen to be cleansed daily so I will not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. The challenges of this time in life are opportunities for Him to shine more brightly through me. I need to not only remember that but live it. Isaiah 65:17-18a tells us:

“Pay close attention now:
    I’m creating new heavens and a new earth.
All the earlier troubles, chaos, and pain
    are things of the past, to be forgotten.
Look ahead with joy." 

Woo hoo! We have a Hope to look forward to as believers. I believe we need to get better at working toward this Hope. The only way to do this is to be more intentional in living out a II Timothy 1:7 type of life where we do not live in fear but instead live a life empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You love on me! Thank You for putting opportunities before me to love with Your love! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May I walk in obedience to Your will in a new, different way in the day ahead. May Your love flow from me in a way people will see and desire in their own life. Lord, I pray for Doc to be encouraged throughout this day. I pray for him to receive more healing in his physical body today. I also pray for others who are dealing with physical issues: my Momma; Rita; John; the one in the boat accident; and many others. I pray for spiritual healing in many. I also pray for comfort for those who have lost loved ones. Father, empower all who believe in You to share Your love in a way that people will come into relationship with You. I pray for more believers to die to self so they can not only hear Your voice but walk in obedience to You. Thank You Father for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: