Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Various Scripture - Anticipation

I woke up this morning with the chorus of the song "Anticipation" going through my mind.  Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

I knew it was because today was my prep day for my colonoscopy.  About an hour after getting up I received a call that the doctor had a family emergency so my test is postponed until Friday.  FRIDAY?!?!?!  Wait a minute…panic set in.  After making the schedule work for Wednesday now they want to do it Friday?!?!?!!?  Doc kept saying, "God is in control.  He will take care of all the details."  But now I have to figure out when to get Mom home.  And what if Doc has jury duty when he calls Wednesday night.  And I won't be able to go to the Christmas luncheon with my Mercy friends Thursday.  And I won't be able to go to board meeting.  And….  Doc's words keep coming back to me…"God is in control."  I must remember that and not get in a tizzy!  Yes, that is a word!  I am going to meditate on many scriptures to get through this.  I'm sure there is an opportunity in this situation…just have to find it!

Proverbs 19:21 


Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Romans 8:28 


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11 


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Joshua 1:9 


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Matthew 19:26 


But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Matthew 6:34 


“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


Dear Jesus,
I'm sorry I lost it for a few minutes.  It's just a bit overwhelming to have things such as this to be changed.  I know You are in control and I praise You for that!  I also know for whatever reason this change has been made You will be with me.  I praise You, Father, for my husband who brings me back to calmness when I start to panic.  I praise You for him being sensitive to knowing I need to shed some tears and then will be alright.  I praise You for Your Words You reminded me of this morning.  Father, as anticipation continues and is now prolonged, would you please keep me grounded in the knowledge that You are in control?  Thank You for being My Greatest Anticipation!  Amen.

No comments: