Thursday, December 19, 2013

Philippians 4:13 - His Strength

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

The Lord brought this scripture to my mind yesterday morning as I was struggling to get my body up and functioning.  I assumed He brought it to my mind due to way I was physically feeling.  I had no idea just how much I was going to need His strength throughout my day.  What a roller coaster of emotions I went through yesterday.

His Strength was with me in the ups and downs throughout the day.  He gave me His Words to share with many and His strength to get through the day.

The ones I prayed with before procedures.
The ones I prayed with and comforted as their loved one was life flighted.
The one I prayed with who is hurting over going through this first Christmas after the loss of his wife of many years.
The one we prayed with in ICU who is struggling with his physical body but blessed with what the Lord has given him to share.
The ones we were with who received negative results from their loved one's procedure.
The ones who received positive results from their loved one's procedure.
The one who responded for the very first time in many visits when we caroled last night.

I just praise His Holy Name for giving me exactly what I needed to get through the day.  Physically, I had pain.  Emotionally, I was on a roller coaster as I dealt with people's issues.  Mentally, I struggled due to the effects of the steroids.  But spiritually I was strong with His Strength.  Woo hoo!  I feel so blessed to be living the life I am living.  Not only am I allowing the Lord to use me to comfort and guide others but I also have given Him complete reign of my life so He is the one who directs my path.  I don't have to worry about what I'm doing or when I'm doing something.  I have freedom in knowing He is in control.

As I start another day, I could be fearful of the fact that I had only five hours of sleep due to the effect of the steroid.  But I know the Lord will guide my steps and lead me throughout the day.  If that includes a nap like yesterday, then that is what I need.  If it doesn't, then I know the Lord will give me exactly what I need to get through my day.  In the past when I've dealt with such times I would pray, "Lord, just get me through this day."  I no longer have the desire in my heart to "just get through it" but rather ask for Him to bless me in abundance with opportunities to be Him to others.  I am His vessel and He is my Anchor.  Wherever He chooses to take me is fine by me.  I will not try to stop things or manipulate circumstances to the way I think they should go.  Instead I will be ready to sail along throughout the day doing exactly what He so desires of me.

Dear Jesus,
I continue to pray for the many I was in contact with yesterday.  Lord, I shared You with many who don't know You.  I pray, first and foremost, for their souls.  I pray I planted seeds that will be cultivated and harvested.  Lord, bring something I said to their minds that will draw them to You.  Thank You for the opportunity to carol with my church family last night.  I always look forward to that time.  I especially thank You for making it be that Doc could go to.  I can't even remember the last time he went and I was so blessed by that.  I praise You for the 27 people who brightened up the evening for the shut-ins.  You are so awesome, Lord, in how You bless me.  Thank You so much!  Lord, today is a new day.  You already know what it holds for me.  I pray if anything that is on my schedule is not Your Desire then please shut doors to it.  Father, give me opportunities to be You to others.  Thank You Jesus for being My Anchor! Amen.

No comments: