Friday, November 7, 2008

Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
When I was in bed waiting on my diagnosis, God gave me Philippians 4:13 for "my verse". When I first read it, I thought He was telling me that I would eventually be back on my feet on my own strength. It didn't take Him long to get it through my thick skull that I WOULD be back on my feet but it would be on HIS strength. It also didn't take him long to get me to understand that I need His strength not just for physical needs but also emotional and mental needs as I deal with the MS. Today is one of the days where my legs aren't cooperating. Some people may think that is just a physical problem but it is more than that. When I have to use my cane or hold onto things around the house, it makes me feel like the disease is winning and I don't like that. But sometimes when I really think about it I wonder if God doesn't allow times such as this to remind me that I need to depend on His strength and not my own. As I look back on the time prior to my diagnosis I know that I was living more on my own strength and not His. I also know that I've changed that and depend more on Him but I'm still guilty of falling back into bad habits of getting caught up on doing things on my own. I pray for His strength every day but especially on days such as this.

No comments: