Friday, October 31, 2008

Sunshine vs. Sonshine

A year or two ago I was told about the importance of taking Vitamin D in a high dose on a daily basis to help with my M.S. I decided to give it a try after talking to my neurologist. He said there were studies that say it helps and if I wanted to try it, he was OK with it. I began to feel different after several months and continue taking it. It really makes sense that I feel so "alive" when I'm in the sunshine because Vitamin D comes naturally from the sun. Of course, living in Ohio we don't see the sunshine every day so this helps. As I was thinking about the whole thing with taking Vitamin D I began thinking about how when we have a "daily dose" of the Heavenly Son we feel more "alive"! When I don't get my full daily dose of the Heavenly Son, my day is just not the same. Things seem to go wrong, my emotional state goes downhill, etc. But when I have a full dose of Him I do have better days. One of my favorite places to be is sitting in the sunshine (preferably on a beach!) soaking in both the sunshine and the Sonshine! I saw a sign when we were in Florida last February that read, "I was born in the wrong state!" I can really relate to that but I praise God that I was born a child of the Son!!!

No comments: