Wednesday, December 11, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Phil 4:8-9, 13; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Build My Life"


What a fun time we had last night with the children and teens caroling around the neighborhood. I love this tradition we started a few years ago. Singing to Grammy is always a highlight for me. Seeing the little ones so excited warms my heart. I am grateful for the adults who helped last night and for Doc being able to drive us around. God is so good to me. He blesses me in abundance. Yesterday I had three opportunities to share about God and our church with people. Woo hoo! I loved all I came in contact with His love. At the end of the day, I was tired but it was a 'good' tired. Today has a few things on the scheduled but I pray God will keep my focus so I do not miss any opportunity to be Him to all I meet. I pray His words, actions, and attitude will be mine. The only way for this to happen is for me to stand in His presence with II Timothy 1:7 as my guide. His power and love can only flow in and through me as I live in His presence. His wisdom can only shine from me when I stand upon Proverbs 3:5-6 and trust Him with my whole being. His empowerment can only be mine as I live out Philippians 4:13. People will only experience Him through me when I show them a Philippians 4:8. They will only have His peace when I follow Philippians 4:9. All of the New Testament Scriptures I mentioned are Paul's words. He was a great follower of Christ who even praised him when he was in prison (Acts 16). Not only did Paul praise him in prison but he used the situation to convert people. I was thinking about how we are 'imprisoned' at times by our situations or circumstances. We are chained to health, financial, relationship, etc. issues. God wants to give us freedom from these things but He also will use us through them. Having a disease such as cancer can be devastating. But just because we have a disease does not mean we have to be a slave to it. God will give us exactly what we need to walk in His freedom through it. He will empower us with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and especially spiritual strength to do His will through it. He will give us His peace as we trust and believe in Him. I will not quit praying for Doc's healing to happen while he is on this earth. But until the time of his healing comes I will pray for God's strength to be his so he can continue living out the life God has put him in. We have had some 'normal' time Sunday with him driving in the parade, Monday with shopping and lunch out, and then last night with him driving for caroling. Woo hoo! But throughout these 'normal' times cancer was still there. It was still causing fatigue but God's strength was greater. Today I pray God's strength to be greater than the chemo treatment. I pray for God to be so real to him especially since I can't be with him. Even though I can't be there in person I will be praying for him and be there in spirit. I pray he feels that. I am praying II Timothy 1:7 over him today in a mighty way. I know God can and will empower him with the Holy Spirit just as He has done in the past.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the opportunities You have given me to love on people and will continue to give me. Lord, I ask for Your empowerment of II Timothy 1:7; Your strength of Philippians 4:8; Your peace of Philippians 4:9; and Your direction of Proverbs 3:5-6 for both myself and Doc. I know the only way this can be accomplished is for Your cleansing and filling of the Holy Spirit in us. May You be our words, actions, and attitude wherever we go. Father, I pray for more people to live this type of life where You are in control. I pray for You to bless people in abundance through all who live out a life of holiness. God be greater than anything that comes our way. I pray You will be greater than the chemo going into Doc today. I pray against side effects from the treatment and that You would shrink the tumor by it. Thank You Jesus for being Our Greater! Amen.


No comments: