Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Matthew 11:28 - "Safe"


I woke up this morning singing "Safe" and immediately started thinking of different people who could use this particular song to be encouraged.  The very last line is so powerful.  You will be safe, you will be safe, when everything is falling apart you will be safe in His arms.

The only way to receive the Lord's rest is by living with Him as your God.  There is freedom in letting go of worldly ways and accepting His ways.  There is peace in the midst of the storms of life that come when we fully surrender to Him.  The only way to find the safety of His arms is by believing, accepting, and surrendering to Him.  He is the Only Way.  

This morning as I prayed I thought of two going through surgeries today.  I pray for the little guy having his tonsils out who is afraid he won't wake up from the anesthetic.  I pray the Lord will take away the fears of the unknown.  I also pray for the one having a biopsy today.  I pray "…on earth as it is in heaven" for her situation.  There is no cancer in heaven and I am praying the same for her on this earth.

Many, many, many people going through struggles in life.  Some physical.  Some emotional. But a lot of what they are going through is a spiritual struggle.  Some are believers who don't want to surrender to the Lord's will.  Some are non-believers who don't want to give up worldly things to follow Him.  There are so many who are hurting for different reasons who have found peace in His arms through a life with Him.  I pray for more unbelievers to find Him and for more believers to surrender fully to Him.  When they do, they will finally be "Safe in His arms…"

Dear Jesus,
Your promise in Matthew 11:28 for rest is a promise that many need to experience.  I praise You for being My Rest.  I praise You for guiding my steps each and every day.  Thank You Jesus for loving me.  Lord, I pray for these two with surgeries today.  I pray You will be their rest.  I also praise You for the report yesterday of no cancer in one of the ones I have been praying for.  Lord, I didn't hear about the other one who received test results yesterday.  I pray it wasn't cancer.  Your word tells us to pray "…on earth as it is in heaven" and that's how I am praying for these ones.  Lord, I also am praying for people to not only come into relationship with You but to be fully surrendered to You.  Once again "…on earth as it is in heaven" is my prayer.  There will be no unbelievers in heaven.  Anyone who believes in You yet lives for themselves may not even be in heaven.  That's scary to think about.  Open eyes.  Open hearts.  Open minds.  Father, more of You and less of me continues to be my prayer.  Thank You Jesus for being My Safe Place.  Amen.


No comments: