Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hosea 6:3 - "Holy Spirit Rain Down"



When I read this scripture this morning, I paused to think about the symbolism of God coming to us like rain.  I don't like rain and complain about it a lot.  (Sorry, Lord!)  But when I think about how it comes down and the earth soaks it up it's a good word picture of how the Lord comes down upon us.  We have the choice of soaking Him up or not.  Matthew Henry writes:

"The returns of the favour of God are secured to us as firmly as the return of the morning after a dark night. He shall come to us as the latter and former rain unto the earth, which refreshes it, and makes it fruitful. The grace of God in Christ is both the latter and the former rain; and by it the good work of our fruit-bearing is begun and carried on. And as the Redeemer was raised from the grave, so will He revive the hearts and hopes of all that trust in him. The feeblest glimpse of hope in his word, is a sure earnest of increasing light and comfort, which shall be attended with purifying, comforting grace that makes fruitful."

Rain refreshes the earth…the Lord refreshes us.
Rain cleanses the earth…the Lord cleanses us.
Rain saves the earth…the Lord saves us.
Rain purifies the earth…the Lord purifies us.

Dear Jesus,
Refresh my Spirit….cleanse my being…save me Lord from the ways of this world…purify my heart in a way that will glorifying to You.  I praise You Lord for the way You work in my life.  I praise You for being who You are in my life.  Lord, thank You, thank You, thank You!  Thank You especially for being My Rain!  Amen.

2 comments:

Kingdom Builders said...

God bless you 🙏 and family, and Ministry, in the communities, and Regions, in Jesus Christ name of Nazareth,Holy Ghost 🔥 fire and Rain Shalom.

Kingdom Builders said...

Pastor hector Maldonado Voices Of Truth Outreach Ministry, in ga 🙏 pray for us, and Radio Ministry in ga, thank you.