Monday, November 27, 2023

Psalm 61; Nehemiah 8:10b - "Same God"


The Lord woke me with direction to read Psalm 61. There is a pause or also known as 'selah' between verses four and five. This stuck out to me this morning. How many times do we need to pause in life? How many times do we need to take a step back and reflect upon what is happening in our little world? Too many times life passes by with us being on automatic mode. We do what the calendar has on it to do and sometimes miss opportunities God puts before us. Life can become overwhelming in a negative sense. We need to allow God to be overwhelming in our life in a positive sense. King David's life was not perfect yet God used him. He knew God's love was with Him on the mountaintops and in the valleys of life. In verse two David acknowledges no matter where he is in life he knows he can cry out to God. I pray often for people who do not believe in God to find Him. I cannot imagine living without Him in my life. David's proclamation in verses seven and eight are ones I need to be more intentional in living out. I love the word picture verse eight gives in The Passion TranslationAnd my praises will fill the heavens forever, fulfilling my vow to make every day a love-gift to you! What we do and say will glorify God as we live for Him. When we walk in His love, grace, and mercy, we will be blessed in abundance. Matthew Henry wrote of these verses:

God's promises, and our faith in them, are not to do away, but to encourage prayer. We need not desire to be better secured than under the protection of God's mercy and truth. And if we partake of that grace and truth which came by Jesus Christ, we may praise him, whatever be our outward circumstances. But renewed experience of God's mercy and truth towards his people in Christ, is the main matter of our joy in him, and our praise unto him.

...we may praise him, whatever be our outward circumstances....is the main matter of our joy in him... No matter what we go through on this earth He is there for us. He never stops loving us. Instead I believe His love goes deeper as our love for Him grows. He loves me through difficult times and directs me to trust Him. He loves me through good times. He soaks in my praises to Him no matter what is happening in life. When I read Matthew Henry's words, I was reminded of Nehemiah 8:10b. The joy of the Lord is my strength. Woo hoo! This morning God woke me once again with Hannah Kerr's song "Same God" with the reminder His love for me. 

You're the same God
You're with me in the middle of it all, God
You're catching every tear as it falls
I know You'll never change
Even when I'm feeling far away
You love me the same, God

As I ponder this Scripture and song I ask myself, "How can I make today a love gift to God?" I pray I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me to love with His love. I pray I will be a blessing for Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug taking Jack this morning for an appointment! Thank You for Psalm 61 and "Same God" You brought before me this morning! Cleanse me so you can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray blessings upon many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Joy! Amen. 

No comments: