Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Philippians 4:13 - "Strong"


Yesterday as I drove home from Bluffton the Lord had three songs come on the radio to encourage my heart. Anne Wilson's song "Strong" along with "Eye of the Storm" sung by Ryan Stevenson and Ryan Ellis' song "Gonna Be Alright." "Strong" mentions finding strength in God's Word. Every time we open His Word He reveals something to us. Sometimes that something is a new revelation while other times it is a reminder of something He already gave us. These three songs one right after the other pointed me to ponder upon Philippians 4:13. I always thought Paul wrote this verse to reiterate we need to lean into God's physical strength. Thirty years ago when I was going through the MS diagnosis He revealed it is for every aspect of our life. Physical, mental, emotional, relational, financial, professional, and most of all spiritual. Another thing that came on the radio yesterday was about how God accepts our repentance and wipes away our sins from His mind. The enemy pushes his way in and puts shame on us for our sins. This is something most of us know yet sometimes still allow the enemy an open door. Shame on us. We need to stand in God's strength instead of allowing open doors to the enemy. This picture was taken the first morning of our married life. When I look at it, I see so much symbolism. First, Philippians 4:13 had been a special verse over the last thirty years. When we got married, we knew there would be turmoil as we meshed our lives together. We also knew we would need to lean into God's strength to get through such turmoil. Looking out over an Amish community was also symbolic. I was born in Millersburg. I felt like I was given a new birth with my marriage to Doug. Another symbol in this picture is the window. Windows are made to look out. A marriage is full of God-given adventures. Married couples have the choice to be content to look out to see the world or to step out and enjoy it. Once again I think of how important it is to allow God to be our strength as individuals and as couples. There will be difficult days in this life on earth yet when we live in His strength we will realize eternity in heaven with Him. These words to "Strong" speak volumes to me...

The world's gonna try to break me
But I know the one who makes me
Strong

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You spoke to me as I was driving yesterday! Thank You for being mine and Doug's strength over these last seven plus months! Thank You for little Roselynn being declared cancer free! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen. 



No comments: