Monday, March 12, 2018

Psalm 118:24 - "Revelation Song"


Today I am celebrating the life of a man who I am so blessed by. My husband loves with God's love. He strives to walk in obedience to what God desires of him. This last year has been a year of adjustment in so many ways but most of all in his work life. For the first time he is a bi-vocational pastor. There are so many changes that go along with this type of life but I believe emotionally is the biggest thing to deal with. There is an emotional roller coaster a bi-vocational pastor is on. They desire to be living out God's will yet their time is pulled between their 'job' and their ministry. I see my husband exhausted physically and emotionally daily. I also see him discouraged with being in this situation. We knew he would need to be bi-vocational when we moved to South Carolina. We just didn't realize how hard it would be. But we also knew God would give His strength because He was the One to call us. I celebrate Doc's life because of who he is in his relationship with the Lord. I celebrate his life because of who he is as my husband, friend, and love. I celebrate his life because of who he is as a father, Papa, brother, and 'son' to my Momma. I celebrate him today because God chose him to be who he is. I am so grateful for the way he supports me in my ministry and with my health issues. I am also grateful to have him for my pastor. No one could ever realize the amount of time he puts into pastoring. The hours of prayers for people do not go unnoticed by me. The way he cares for people is touching. I pray today people would realize just how much he loves them and love him back with encouragement. I also pray God would continue to bless him as His servant. The blessing of having Adam and Rachel with us over the weekend to celebrate was awesome. The people who took time to send him cards was awesome. The year ahead where I know God will be with him as he continues on the church building will be awesome. The enemy comes knocking regularly but we continue to knock him down because we know the Lord's desire is for us to walk in victory. Our goal is to spend eternity with God and the only way for that to be accomplished is to be in relationship where we not only hear His voice but we live out what He says. There are some who say I am spoiled by my hubby and to that I would agree. My earthly Daddy spoiled me. My Heavenly Daddy spoils me. He is just following suit!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Doc and for this day of celebrating him. Thank You for loving us so greatly that You gave us a second chance. Thank You for the way You provide him strength every day to do what You have called him to do. I will admit I will be so happy when he no longer has to be bi-vocational. It's so hard on him. Father, I pray You will cleanse us so You can fill us so we can walk in obedience. I pray You will enable him to be the godly man You have called him to be today and in the days ahead. May he feel special today and not be discouraged. May he know You are with him in the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. Thank You Jesus for being Our Joy. Amen.

No comments: