Sunday, March 18, 2018

Colossians 3:23-24 - "Carry Me"


During the night the Lord had me pray for pastors to listen to Him during their sermon. He told me to pray they would allow Him "to take them off their script so My words would be spoken." He then had me pray for women who are pastors. There are many who are hurting and their hurt is getting in the way of the ministry He has for them. He told me to pray for them to not take things people say personally because their words are an open door for the enemy. I do not understand why some women have such a hard time with pastoring. Maybe I am just naive. Or maybe because I am not a lead pastor I do not get ridiculed the way many say they have. I don't know what it is but I do know I have been in many conversations with pastors who are ladies that are upsetting. God told me He was hurt over the words spoken in such conversations. He also reminded me of the words of Paul in Colossians 3:23-24. I remember when we first went to Willard and I was trying to do everything anyone wanted. He gave me this Scripture to ponder upon and told me He is the only One I am to please. If doing that, others are pleased that is fine but people should not be in control of my life. He is the Only One for that position. He had me pray for pastors who need reminded that He is the One who called them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ who are vocationally called into ministry. Thank You that I have not struggled as some of my sisters have in ministry. Thank You for loving me so much that You encourage me with words such as in Colossians 3:23-24. Father, I desire to serve You and only You. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May you ooze out of me today in a different, new way. Father, I ask for physical strength as once again I had little sleep. I ask for a physical healing in my arm from this pain that is so intense. Most of all I ask that neither of these situations will take my focus off of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Carrier. Amen.

No comments: