Friday, August 12, 2016

Matthew 10:32 - "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again"


I woke up this morning to a song Danny Gokey sings...

Tell your heart to beat again
Close your eyes and breathe it in
Let the shadows fall away
Step into the light of grace
Yesterday's a closing door
You don't live there anymore
Say goodbye to where you've been
And tell your heart to beat again

As these words played over in my mind the Lord brought people who are going through difficult circumstances for me to pray for...

  • the woman and two men seeking new employment yet there does not appear to be any open doors
  • the children watching their parents split apart
  • the couple in ministry between assignments who continue to have no open door to walk through
  • the family who lost a husband/father/son/brother this week
  • the parents who continue to plead for the return of their prodigal
  • the family caring for a loved one at home and feeling anxious they are doing the things
  • the recently divorced couple
  • the woman and man who have returned to treatment due to the return of cancer
  • the business owner who is struggling financially to the point of not knowing how much longer they will continue to be open
  • the woman dealing with a difficult relationship
All of these ones are dealing with disappointment in their heart. As I reflect back on different times I have been disappointed, I am amazed at how many of those times of disappointment were the greatest times of growing in my spiritual walk. Sometimes the Lord allows disappointment in order to stretch our faith. Sometimes the enemy gets a foothold and plays havoc in our life. But no matter what the case is when it comes to disappointment we have the promise of a better life in eternity with  God. But that better life will not come automatically. We must not only accept Him into our heart but we also must live a life of surrender to His will. It saddens me to see a lot of believers who do not take the next step in their walk with Him. Many are comfortable with staying at salvation. But oh my there is so much more!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of the promise of eternity! Thank You for Your love that is so greatly given to me! Father, I am praying for many this morning who are dealing with disappointments. I am praying they will see/hear You through these difficult times. Lord, speak clearly to them so they will draw nearer to You. Lord, I also am praying for this day. Lead me to where You desire me to go...be my words, actions and attitude...fill me to overflowing with more of You! I pray You will allow me to be the soothing balm for a hurting soul today. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity Maker! Amen.

No comments: