Monday, August 29, 2016

John 12:49-50 - "The More I Seek You"

This morning the Lord impressed upon my heart to read John 12 again. As I was reading it I was reminded of so many things from yesterday. The oil reminded me of the two I anointed in service. The discussion about Jesus' death reminded me of my Sunday School lesson with the children. It sure did not go the way I planned but I am so grateful when the Holy Spirit takes over and accomplishes the Lord's will. The last part of this chapter is thought provoking.



What if we followed God's direction on what we say as Jesus did? What would the world be like if we were obedient as Jesus? What would the world look like if more people had their eyes set on eternal life with in heaven? How would our individual lives be different if we followed Jesus' example? The more we seek Him, the more we will realize such a life. Our life will be filled with peace and joy instead of turmoil. That does not mean there won't be tough days because the Lord takes us through tough times to stretch our faith. Our life would be full of opportunities to be Jesus to others because that is the way He uses people surrendered to Him. No doubt, when one consecrates their whole being to the Lord there is peace in knowing He is in control. There is even peace when He calls you to do things such as move across the country to a new place with new people to do a new work!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being who I have my eternal goal set upon! Thank You for loving me so greatly and using me to be Your servant. Father, I pray for believers who have not made it to this point in their spiritual walk. I pray they will get there! I also pray for those who do not believe or have not accepted You to find You. Father, today is a day where I feel like I just want to stay in bed but I know You will direct my steps. I pray for a healing in my body. I ask that You empower me to overcome the difficulties of this day. Empower me with Your Holy Spirit in a mighty way! Fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for being My Goal! Amen.

No comments: