Tuesday, August 30, 2016

John 12:3 - "The More I Seek You"


I can only imagine how Mary felt as she sat at Jesus' feet. I know the emotions I go through as I 'sit at His feet' daily. It saddens me to think of people who do not even believe in their Heavenly Father. But it really saddens me for those who are in relationship with Him yet 'don't have time' to spend with Him. I don't understand how people think they can just call on Him when they need Him. Yes, He is there for us but shouldn't He be called upon more than just when one needs something from Him? It reminds me of some adult children who have nothing to do with their parents until they need something. It is sad that a relationship with Him is not top priority for all. Yes, it takes work and time but all relationships take those things. Yes, it takes energy but all relationships take that. The blessings of having an intimate relationship with the Lord are in abundance. The more one puts into any relationship, the more one gets out of it. The more one looks for ways to bless another in a relationship, the more they will be blessed in return. I can't figuratively sit at the feet of Jesus but I sure can sit at His feet in my spirit. As I sit by the ocean watching His creation I feel so close to Him. But I also feel close to Him sitting in my living room or laying in my bed. Why? Because I am in relationship with Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this picture this morning of Mary sitting at Your feet. Sometimes I feel like I need to stop more and sit at Your feet. I am so grateful that I can be there in no time at all because of the relationship we have. Father, I pray for more of You to show through my words, actions and attitude today. I pray for You to ooze out of me in a mighty way. I ask that You would continue to heal my body. I pray for an abundance of Your strength to overtake me today physically. Lord, I also pray for those who do not take time to sit at Your feet. Oh how I pray for something to open their eyes up to what You desire of them. Whatever it takes, Lord to stop them from the craziness of their schedule and take time for You...whatever it takes. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Bask In. Amen.


No comments: