Saturday, June 17, 2023

John 14:6 - "First Things First"

Yesterday was another day in paradise. Our favorite breakfast at the bagel shop couldn't happen due to their ovens being down so we went to another one of our favs for breakfast. Afterward we had a nice walk, a visit with our friend Sierra, stopped in at a thrift store, ran a couple errands and then hit the beach for the afternoon. Last evening we had wedding money from some friends that we went out to eat with. Another walk including ice cream before watching the sunset was the perfect end of the day. Throughout the day yesterday, before going to bed and then again this morning the song "First Things First" was on my mind. These words are how I strive to live my life...

First thing's first
I seek Your will
Not my own
Surrender all my wants to you
Keep the first thing first
To live Your truth
Walk Your ways
Set my eyes
Lord, I fix my face on you
All my desires reversed
To keep the first thing first

Yes! I desire to live out God's truth as I walk in His way. I am intentional in keeping my focus on Him. The enemy tries so hard to pull me away from God but he will not win because my God is greater. We may think we want something or know how we want something to go yet when we live in His presence we will realize what He desires is what is best. My Momma's death is a huge loss in my life. I miss talking to her so much that tears fall often. When little things remind me of her, sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. I know I have to keep focused on God so He can heal me from another loss. I know His love lavished down upon me will soothe the hurts of life. I've been here before. Every day is a new day that I need to embrace and allow Him to work in and through me. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day in paradise yesterday with my wonderful husband Doug! Thank You for the lives we touched and the seeds we planted! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his surgery; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; the Long family; Becky; Russ; Nikki; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Lord of Lords! Amen.

No comments: