Sunday, December 10, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "All That I Am"


What a lousy night for sleep. I was grateful when the Lord woke me to pray for some pastors instead of me waking up with physical issues. It was weird on the timing. 3:47...4:47...5:47. I don't know why He was so specific with the time of '47' but it does not matter. When He calls upon me to do something, I am His willing servant.

3:47 - He had me praying for a dear pastor friend who pastors a fairly large church of a few hundred. He did not give me specifics but had me pray for wisdom for him. 

4:47 - He had me praying for our friend who pastors the Jerusalem Church of the Nazarene for safety over him and his family. He also had me pray for others who are ministering in Jerusalem.

5:47 - He had me praying for a dear couple in ministry who have a daughter who has been very ill and has been going through testing. He told me to pray for 'peace' in their spirits.

When I woke up, He had me praying for three specific pastors in small churches that are having financial issues. He told me to pray for the people to realize they need to give sacrificially as their pastor is giving of themselves. He also had me pray for 'peace' for these pastors. He reminded me of James 1:2-3. It is times such as struggles in ministry that will draw people in a closer relationship with Him when they allow it. He also had me pray for some pastors whose churches are going well. There is growth in numbers, finances, and spiritual growth in the people. He told me to pray for the pastors to not get comfortable in their current conditions because 'change was coming.'

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for pastors. I am so blessed when You have me do so. Thank You for the way You provide strength on days when there is little sleep. Father, today is Your day where we gather as a corporate body of believers. I pray You will be in churches in a different, new way. I pray You will give pastors Your words. Father, cleanse me of anything that may be between You and I so people will see/hear You instead of me today. Fill me with an abundance of You and give me Your strength. I pray for Doc to also have Your strength as he had little sleep last night due to pain. Wrap Your loving arms around him so He feels Your presence. Thank You Jesus for being My Lord of Lords. Amen.


No comments: