Tuesday, June 2, 2015

John 14:6 - "Give Me Jesus"


This morning I woke up with Jeremy Camp's "Give Me Jesus" on my mind. As I started to climb out of bed my first thought was "I don't know that I can do another day of having my whole body tingle." But then I thought, "I can because the Lord is with me." Then I started singing...


In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
Just give me Jesus


Yes! I can do this. He is with me. He is my Strength. He is exactly what I need. I am praying for so many people who are going through difficult times. I pray they will be at the point in life where they will depend upon His strength. I pray they will be able to say "Give Me Jesus" with a confidence in knowing their struggles will be easier when they depend upon Him. These are some tough circumstances many are dealing with...
  • multiple deaths in a family close together
  • serious health condition of a loved one and in some families multiple serious ones
  • death of a spouse
  • death of a parent
  • addiction of a family member
  • loss of a spouse due to divorce
  • broken relationships within families
  • issues with their job
How do we get through such situations without breaking? We don't. We must be broke of depending upon ourselves before the Lord can truly work in and through us. We must get to the point of realizing we can't do life on our own and allow Him to be Our Guide. We must come to the realization that He is the only way we can get through the ups and downs of life. He must be the answer to our problems. Money is not the answer. People are not the answer. Possessions are not the answer. Alcohol or drugs are not the answer. He is the Answer!

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6


I Am the Way...Jesus is the bridge to heaven (Proverbs 14:12)
I Am the Truth...we can trust Jesus because He is the Absolute Truth
I Am the Life...Jesus is our life whether it be on this earth or for eternity in heaven

I am the Way...I am the Truth...I am the Life... We all have a choice to accept Jesus or continue doing life on our own. When He died on the cross, He died for all not just some. His death gives us life, not just on this earth but for eternity in heaven. When life falls apart around us, He can be our Constant. When we have issues in our physical bodies or loved ones such issues, He can be our Constant. When deal with people hurting us, He can be our Constant. When it seems like life just can't get much worse on this earth, He can be our Constant. How appropriate to be singing "Give Me Jesus" this morning!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me...caring for me...encouraging me...for being my Constant! Thank You for filling me with more of You and less of me so people will see You in me. Thank You for the opportunities You will put before me today to share You with others. I pray for physical strength as I go to therapy today. I pray for mental strength as I continue to struggle with my thinking process. I pray for emotional strength as I deal with this tingling. I pray for spiritual strength as You take me deeper. Lord, bless my prayers for all of those who are hurting. I pray for their physical, mental, and emotional needs but most of all bring them to the point where they will say "Give Me Jesus" and be done with doing life on their own. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant. Amen.



No comments: