Monday, February 24, 2014

Phil 4:13; II Timothy 1:7; James 1:2 - Being the Light of God


Today I was the light of God at Willard Mercy.  I was blessed beyond measure as I ministered to others.  My heart breaks seeing people who have no one with them for procedures or hospital stays.  I can't imagine not having anyone to depend upon for strength through such tough days.

I was especially blessed this evening with a text from one I prayed with when her son was in the ED.  

"thanks for coming and praying for us today sheila…and for all your love and support also.  means so so much to us.  i feel such a calm and peace with you with us.  andrew said 'mom sheila looks so good and she made me feel less stressed when she prayed with us.'  your a beautiful angel of jesus sheila.  and i thank god he blessed us with your love and friendship. god bless ya sweety"

That note is such a blessing to me….such words of encouragement.  It reinforces that I am doing what the Lord put me here to do.  As I prayed with many, I listened to the Lord for His direction for my words.  There were prayers said for healing, peace, recuperation, family, and probably more that I just don't remember.  It seemed like "peace" was the theme for today for many.

Three scriptures that I shared with ones today were:

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

II Timothy 1:7 - God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but he gave us a spirit of power, love and self-control.

James 1:2 - Consider it pure joy, brethren, whenever you face trials of many kinds 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me as Your light at Willard Mercy today.  Father, I praise You for the opportunities to share You with others.  I praise You for the deep faith I saw in many today.  I praise You for the way You are comforting those hurting so badly due to their physical ailments.  Lord, You are so wonderful!  Thank You for being My Light!  Amen.

No comments: