Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Matthew 25:23 - "You Raise Me Up"

I woke up from my nap singing "You Raise Me Up" and started thinking about so many people who need encouraged.  I spent the morning being a beacon of light to many who were going through physical issues.  As I prayed with them I was touched by how the physical ailments flow over into emotional, mental and spiritual issues.

I am thankful for the Lord's Presence in my life that encourages me.  He is my greatest cheerleader.  When I feel like I can't go on, He is there.  When I feel like I am physically spent, His strength flows through me.  I know one of the reasons for this is because I've learn how to wait on Him.  "When I am down, and oh my soul, so weary; When troubles come and my heart burdened be; Then I am still and wait here in the silence; Until you come and sit awhile with me."  Woo hoo!  I don't always enjoy the tough times I go through but I sure do enjoy those times of sitting at His feet!  "You raise me up so I can stand on mountains; You raise me up to walk on stormy seas; I am strong when I am on your shoulders; You raise me up to walk on stormy seas."  Praise His Holy Name!  

This morning He encouraged me by the words of one I prayed with.  I told her that I had prayed with her last night before going to bed, again this morning before I got out of bed and at that time with her in person.  Her reply was, "That's why I felt peaceful this morning."  Wow!  Thank You Jesus!  I was also blessed to be asked to pray for a healing in one today.  She is believing that the Lord will heal her and I am believing with her.  I had such an encouraging morning…very busy but oh so encouraging.  Then after my nap He encouraged me with this song.  He does "raise me up" and I am forever grateful for that!

I've been praying for the Lord to give me more of Him and less of me.  That is the desire of my heart.  I am in awe of the opportunities He gives me as I am open to His leading.  My goal when I come face to face with Him is to hear those wonderful words He said in Matthew 25:23, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Dear Jesus,
Once again, I pray for those who need encouraged.  I pray for not only physical issues but most importantly spiritual issues.  Father, You are their Great Physician and I know You will heal.  As I told the one today, it may be an instant healing or it may be through doctors and medication.  Thank You for her faith in You.  Thank You for the many You put in my path today that had a strong faith.  I praise You Lord for being The One To Lift Me!  Amen.





No comments: