Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Psalm 99 - King of Kings


Psalm 99

The Lord reigns,
    let the nations tremble;
he sits enthroned between the cherubim,
    let the earth shake.
Great is the Lord in Zion;
    he is exalted over all the nations.
Let them praise your great and awesome name
    he is holy.
The King is mighty, he loves justice
    you have established equity;
in Jacob you have done
    what is just and right.
Exalt the Lord our God
    and worship at his footstool;
    he is holy.
Moses and Aaron were among his priests,
    Samuel was among those who called on his name;
they called on the Lord
    and he answered them.
He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud;
    they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them.
Lord our God,
    you answered them;
you were to Israel a forgiving God,
    though you punished their misdeeds.
Exalt the Lord our God
    and worship at his holy mountain,
    for the Lord our God is holy.



I love the way this Psalm describes God as King.  I praise Him for being my King of Kings!  No matter what happens on this earth He is still the ruler over all.  Sometimes I think we give the enemy too much credit for all the junk that happens.  I can just see him sitting back with a big smile on his face excited that he is getting blamed for stuff.  No matter how much junk that is in this world, the Lord is still the King not the enemy.  God is the One we should follow.  God is the One we should obey.  God is the One we should allow control of our lives.  

Verse 3 gives us reason as to why we should have Him as our King....He is holy.  "Let them praise your great and awesome namehe is holy."  His Name means everything.  When we say His Name, we know of His love, His power, His mercy, His Grace.  When we strive to be like Him, we strive to be holy.  That means we live a life bent toward no sin.  He gives us a great example to follow.  

Verse 8 speaks of the way the Lord forgives us.  We must ask for forgiveness in order to receive it.  I heard my granddaughter the other day repeatedly say "I'm sorry" for doing things she knew she wasn't to do.  Each time her parents accepted her apology and some times there was punishment that went along with it.  That's how God is with us.  He accepts our apologies.  Plain and simple.  It is after we repent that we can truly worship and commune with Him.  "Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy."  One can't be in communion with the Lord with junk in the way.  We must repent and come clean, so to speak, with our lives.  The Lord already knows all but there is a cleansing within our hearts as we speak the words of repentance.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words today.  Thank You for the reminder that You are my King of Kings.  Thank You for being in control of my life.  Father, if there is anything between You and I, please forgive me of it.  If there is anything that I have done to put a space between us, please reveal it to me and remove it.  Lord, I pray for more of You to be in me and less of self.  Father, I want to live a holy life.  The desire of my heart is to live in communion with You and I praise You for that life.  Lord, as I go throughout this day, please open my eyes to opportunities You have for me.  Amen.

No comments: