Thursday, March 31, 2022

Psalm 8 - "Not Today"


The Lord took me to Psalm 8 this morning. After reading it in different translations I settled in with the New Living Translation. This Psalm reminds me of being a little girl on the farm and laying in the grass watching the airplanes in the sky. There weren't many and the ones that were there were small since the Orrville airport was small. But I remember day dreaming about someday going up in a plane. I remember wondering if I would be scared or not if I ever had the opportunity to fly. I have never flown in a small plane but several times in jets. I remember the first time I flew it was to travel for a business trip for Smucker's. I was a bit apprehensive but soon realized I love to fly. It is so nice to get somewhere so fast but flying does have drawbacks. An example is this picture I took last summer in West Virginia. If I would have flown for my trip to Ohio, I would have missed out on the beauty of God's creation. This picture was taken as the sun was setting. Not only is it a beautiful piece of His creation but it also makes me think about how He watches over us. In Psalm 8 David ponders upon God's creation as he looked into the sky. I am sure he had plenty of opportunities to do so as he shepherd his sheep. His pondering brought about the words of Psalm 8 to make us think about what God, the Creator, has done for us. Verse two reminds me to praise Him no matter what happens. The enemy does not like when we praise God and will fight us. We must remember God always wins! When I was awake during the night, the words to "Not Today" was going through my mind...

I'll sing the night into the morning
I'll sing the fear into Your praise
I'll sing my soul into Your presence
Whenever I say Your name
Let the devil know not today

Yes! God always wins! There is nothing the devil can throw in our path that is greater than God! It was written of this song:

We’ve been thinking about it a lot: we give way too much credit to the devil for a lot of things, and as Christians, as people who believe in God and trust that He has all authority and is above all things, we have the right to say ‘not today’. So if you’re facing something, tell the devil ‘no, not today’. It’s a fun song, but there’s a strong theme behind it. It’s a reminder of what we actually should be living.

Woo hoo! Yes! Praise His Holy Name! We do not have to live in the 'junk' of this world but instead can stand in the promises of God. Yes, 'junk' will happen but we do not have to wallow in it. Enemies will try to tear us down but they won't win unless we allow them. We must stand in God's love and not allow the enemy an open door to walk through in our life. Discouragement, fear, hurtful words, etc. all come from the enemy. God speaks life into us. We all have the choice to make as to whether we will live for the Lord or allow the enemy control.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I refuse to fear flying in this yucky weather but will stand in the promise of II Timothy 1:7. Thank You Jesus for being in control over every aspect of my life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Yourself. May I not miss any opportunity You give me to love with Your love today. Thank You for the time I had with two of my 'bonus' grand babies yesterday! Thank You for Bible study last night and getting to see Glenda and Rogera! You bless me in abundance and for that I am thankful. I pray for many going through difficult days. Some physically...some emotionally... some financially. No matter what I pray Your peace over all. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York; Clay's friend; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, June, and Christina and her family. I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself with 'tough' days without my Rickey with us. Thank You for being with me as I drove up route 57 yesterday and the memories came flooding back! Sometimes it is hard to comprehend he is no longer with us. Thank You for being My Devil Stomper! Amen.



No comments: