Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Psalm 13 - "Goodness of God"


I will always treasure the day this picture was taken. My Rickey and I were down town at the waterfront enjoying life. I fell asleep in the swing and woke up to this view. What a gorgeous day in God's nature to share with him. Oh how I miss his laughter, hearing his voice, holding hands as we walked, etc. But I am so thankful for the short time we had together. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he felt loved not only by me but most importantly by God. The Lord directed me to Psalm 13 this morning. David asks, How long, Lord? in verse one. The short Psalm is full of David's complaints. Verse two speaks of having sorrow in my heart. When we lose someone we love and then lose a second someone we love, life can be overwhelming. Verse five and six are the key to living after losing loved ones. 

But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for He has been good to me.

Trusting God is a must in my life. If I do not trust Him, I cannot rejoice in Him. If I do not allow Him to be Who He desires to be in my life, I cannot be who He desires me to be. I am reminded this morning of the song "Goodness of God" and so thankful I can sing it with great meaning.

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly and always being here for me! Thank You for the memories I have of time spent with my Rickey! What a treasure You gave me in him! Lord, continue to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we continue on this journey without him with us. Heal the hurts not only in our lives but in many who have lost loved ones. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. I pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Little Jensen who needs a heart; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Pastor Sam; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; David Faber; Amber; families in turmoil; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Patti Perkins; Tammie; Betty's friend in New York'; my friend diagnosed with mesothelioma; Dorothy's grandson; Little Ivy; and my friend who has upcoming radiation treatments. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Baby Henry, Judy's great grand child, and Christina and her family, I pray for all our military and their families to lean into Your strength. Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.


No comments: