Monday, February 22, 2021

Colossians 3; Proverbs 17:17 - "Circle of Friends"


Wow, God is so good! Yesterday was filled with blessing after blessing. Preaching is one of the top things on my list of things to do. Yesterday's sermon was so meaningful to me as I talked about the relationship between Elijah and Elisha. The sermon cemented in my mind how our relationships on earth are to be. We can value one another, have vital relationships with others, and vouch for one another when we clothe ourselves every day with the attributes Paul lists in Colossians 3:12-17. We will be empowered to LUV with God’s LUV when we intentionally live with these attributes as our goal. Will we be successful every day? No because we are not perfect. But the more we strive to meet these goals, the more successful we will become. As I have said before, we cannot just have believers in our life. We must have non-believers too in order to live as God desires us to live. But are closest relationships need to be believers so we can keep each other accountable, love on each other with His love, and be on the same mind-set. I was so blessed yesterday with different ones in my life. Carol who is always here for me; Jeff and Leslie who once again loved on me with lunch and fellowship in their home; Sandy and Will who blessed me in abundance with adding me to their Microsoft family plan; and Rickey who makes me laugh. God has put these people and many others in my life to bless me. He knows exactly what I need and provides. Woo hoo! I think of Proverbs 17:17a which reads, A friend loves at all time. Praise His Holy Name! A friend is someone who loves you through the 'tough' days and the 'good' days. They are someone who will gently love on you when you need corrected. They are ones who have the Lord's love in their heart and are willing to share it. They are willing to live out the attributes of Colossians 3 over you. Verse twelve tells us to clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Verse thirteen and fourteen continue, Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. I am so grateful to have many friends in my life who live out these attributes. I am grateful for friends in my past, current friends, and new friends I will make. I am grateful God blesses me through people who desire to walk in His will. I am reminded of a song Point of Grace sings called Circle of Friends.

In a circle of friends 
We have one father 
In a circle of friends we share this prayer 
That we'll gather together no matter how the highway bends 
I will not lose this circle of friends 
 
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for putting people in my life that love on me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me so You can work in and through me to be who You have called me to be! Thank You for going before me and being my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today! Thank You for those You put in my path yesterday to love on me! Carol printing off the prayer list when I couldn't get my printer to work was just another way You loved on me through others yesterday. Having people respond to what You gave me to preach filled me to overflowing. Sunday afternoons seem to be the hardest for me of all the days of the week. What a blessing to share another Sunday afternoon with Jeff and Leslie! Will and Sandy adding me to their Microsoft family plan was such a blessing! Laughing with Rickey over the phone was the perfect way to end my day. Thank You Father for all who call themselves my friend and show Your love to me so greatly! Thank You for all the ways You encourage me through people, circumstances, Your Word, music, etc.! Thank You for being My Best Friend! Amen.

No comments: