Monday, March 25, 2019

Psalm 90 - "Confidence"



This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 90. Wow, what a packed full set of Scripture. In verse one through six I was reminded of the time God protected the Israelites in the desert. Sometimes I feel like we are in a similar situation here in South Carolina. There are so many things that have tried to stop us yet we continue the path God leads us on. Sometimes His favor is felt in a mighty way yet other times there is such opposition we have to get through. Three years ago Beaufort was a dream but here we are in reality. As I reflect over the last three years, I see so many times of tears yet I also see times of joy through the tears. Just as Moses continued to lead the people through the wilderness we will continue to lead. The physical issues we had and some we continue to have will not stop us. They will only take our faith deeper. Yesterday when Mike testified of being healed from intense pain that appeared to be appendicitis after we gathered around him and prayed encouraged me. Seeing Mr. Fran doing so much better yesterday encouraged me. Listening to the Lord and doing nothing Saturday afternoon and evening was a blessing to my physical body. These situations give me strength to carry on. They show me just how much God loves me. He knows what I need before I even recognize it. Verses twelve through seventeen teach us we need to pray for His wisdom. We need to pray for more of His love, mercy, grace, and favor. Matthew Henry writes, "His favor would be a full fountain of future joys." Woo hoo! "future joys." I like that! Pursuing anything other than God will not give us joy. He is the only way to live such a life. I love another thing Henry wrote. "Let us pray that the work of the Holy Spirit may appear in converting our hearts, and that the beauty of holiness may be seen in our conduct." Yes! That is exactly how I want to live. I want to live in the manner the Holy Spirit guides so people will see/hear Christ through me. I desire to be who God wants me to be. I desire to have more "Confidence" like Moses did going through the desert. I want a deeper faith that will empower me to be more Christ-like. Woo hoo! This picture was one taken when I was going through a tough time with MS. I was writing in my journal when Doc took it. The flowers around it remind me of how God takes care of every little detail of life including the needs of the flowers. He takes care of every little detail of my life too. He knew we needed this time by Lake Erie to be refreshed and renewed. It was twenty-four hours of being away from the hectic ness of ministry and getting our tank filled by the Lord. I think part of the reason we are here is because of this area. He brought us to this island with water all around us. The beauty of His creation is always in sight. Every time we cross the bridge and see the waterfront with boats we say 'and we live here...' He fills my tank up daily with the nature all around me. I use to only see this on vacation but now I live it. Woo hoo! It helps me through tough days. It fills my physical, emotional, mental, and most of all spiritual tank. It enables me to see past financial shortages and live in the knowledge God is in control.  Wow, God! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, grace, and favor! As a new week begins, I pray it will be filled with joy no matter what the circumstances. I pray for a cleansing in my soul so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of me in a way that people will know who directs my life. May You give wisdom in all situations. Father, I do not want to make any decision without Your direction. I do not want to say anything that is not from You. May You "Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness" throughout this week. I know what is on the calendar but You know what is ahead. Go before me as I see the oncologist today, do my school work this week, and end the week with the trip to Tennessee for the Ministry Assessment. Enable me to listen to You, especially when "a giant" comes before me. I also pray for Your wisdom on when to rest. Thank You Jesus for being My Confidence! Amen.

No comments: