Wednesday, March 20, 2019

I Corinthians 16:13-14 - "I Am Not Alone"


This morning I have a song Kari Jobe sings going through my mind...

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

We are never alone. No matter how 'bad' our circumstances God is with us when we allow Him to be. There are times in life when our heart is breaking due to the death of a loved one, our illness or a family member's illness, the ending of a relationship, etc. But God is there for us. He wants us to lean into His strength. As we do, we will have His wisdom in decisions that need made. We will have His peace as we allow Him to wrap His arms around us to support us. There are so many people going through tough days. The loss of a classmate this week has me praying for people who are not living for the Lord. His death came from an accident. We never know when today will be our last day on this earth. God knows. He knows every single hair on our head. He knows everything about us. I am praying for more people to come into relationship with Him so when He calls them they will be ready to go home with Him. I'm grateful Ted found a relationship with God. I think of ones like Terry who has God's strength as she watches her brother leave this earth. These are tough days yet she has His strength that will get her through. I have a long list of people dealing with cancer that I pray for. I am grateful for the ones who are in relationship with God and pray for the ones who are not to have someone in their life who will say or do something to lead them to Him. I pray for Norma and her family with Jerry's death. I pray they will lean on God's strength which they know so well. I pray for my friend who continues to deal with his wife's alcoholism. I pray his strength will not waiver as he goes through these tough days. Most of all I pray she will turn to the Lord for strength to be an overcomer. I pray for parents with children addicted to drugs to have His strength. But once again I pray for the children to turn to the Lord. My prayers are with Gay and her family as they support her brother with his stroke. I pray for little Eli and his parents as he undergoes procedures this morning. I pray for Barbie and Chris with the loss of Toby. My prayers are with Rachael and Bill and their family with her granddaughter's illness. Also with Valerie with her pain. Prayers for Joey and his family with the loss of his father; Julie and her family with the loss of her grandma. So, so many people hurting. Praise God they have God with them. The song continues...

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

Yes! We must press into Him to receive His strength. Darkness will try to take us down but we must not allow it. We must stand firm in our faith. For those who have no faith in God, they must find it. Paul tells us in I Corinthians 16 about how we need to be ready at all time. He tells us about how we need to be alert and have our faith grounded in the Lord. We never know when the enemy will come knocking at our door. The enemy uses tough days to get us. When we are fretting over a situation or a loved one's situation, he will have a greater opportunity into our lives. We must stand firm in our faith and trust God to get us through such times. The way we can accomplish this is by allowing God to have total control of our life. The more we love Him, the more His love will flow out of us. As His love flows out of us, our faith will deepen. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being my Strength in tough days. Thank You for all the ways You show me Your love. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your love. May You ooze out of my words, actions, and attitude today in a new, different way. Father, there are so many going through tough days for a variety of situations. I pray they would all feel Your strength today. I pray the ones who are not in relationship with You or are feeling alone to feel Your presence in their situation. As I reflect back on tough days in my past, I am always amazed to see how You showed Yourself to me. Thank You! Thank You for being exactly what I need! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.



No comments: