Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I Peter 1:6-7 - "Eye of the Storm"


In the first chapter of I Peter he writes about how people who have accepted and are following God have hope in their salvation. It is that hope that enables them to rejoice in tough times. It is that hope that gives them joy during trials of their faith. Peter encourages people to live a life of holiness which includes brotherly love. As I read the first chapter, the Lord stopped me at verses six and seven. Yesterday morning was tough as I dealt with people about my medicine. I just wish I could get the same answer twice from the same place but that doesn't seem to happen. I had a choice to make when I hung up the phone. I could either scream and cry or walk away from it. I chose the latter. I took Mordecei and we went for a walk on the beach. In The Message it reads, "..every kind of aggravation..." That is exactly what I dealt with yesterday. Peter tells me that "Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure...genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine." Woo hoo! That is exactly what I want! I desire to be proved pure and genuine! The only way to accomplish that is to stay living in His presence. When I do that, my faith will be "evidence of his victory." Another woo hoo! My medication issue has not yet been resolved as far as my humanness knows yet God has already resolved it. The medical bills that are mounting have not been paid yet God will provide. The taxes that need completed in order to know how much we have to pay are not done nor do I know where the money will come from to pay them. God knows and that is all that matters. God knows all. God will reveal to me the answers in His time. Plain and simple. My faith is all that matters. The deeper I go in my faith, the more He will reveal to me. Matthew Henry writes:

The trial of faith is much more precious than the trial of gold; in both there is a purification, a separation of the dross, and a discovery of the soundness and goodness of the things. Gold does not increase and multiply by trial in the fire, it rather grows less; but faith is established, improved, and multiplied, by the oppositions and afflictions that it meets with. Gold must perish at last—gold that perisheth; but faith never will. The trial of faith will be found to praise, and honour, and glory. Honour is properly that esteem and value which one has with another, and so God and man will honour the saints. If a tried faith be found to praise, honour, and glory, let this recommend faith to you, as much more precious than gold, though it be assaulted and tried by afflictions.

My faith in the Lord is pure and priceless. It will be multiplied through the trials on this earth to the point where it will be so strong. Woo hoo! Every time I go through something tough, my faith deepens. When my faith deepens, the Lord is blessed through my actions. He shows through my words, actions and attitude in a whole new way. What a blessing!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the times of trial yesterday! Thank You for taking me to the beach to breathe in Your beauty and pray. Thank You for the relaxation I experienced there in my spirit. Thank You for having "Eye of the Storm" on the radio when I started driving yesterday. Today I am praying for the couple who woke up yesterday with their toddler dead, the couple who he lost his job from missing too many days of work due to his wife's health, the one too weak for more chemo, the little guy who was life flighted last night with breathing issues, a dear friend who is suffering in his physical body with illness and many who need a touch from You in their spiritual body. Lord, I don't know where You will take me today or who You will put in my path but I do know You will be in control. I know You will be the One to direct me and You will love on me greatly. Father, be my words, my actions and my attitude. Thank You in advance for taking care of the medication issue, the bills and the taxes. Thank You for being My Purifier. Amen.

No comments: