Friday, October 30, 2015

James 1:2-3 - "Just Be Held"

I do not think it is a coincidence that the Lord woke me up singing Casting Crowns "Just Be Held" with the way I have been praying for three dear sisters going through 'junk' with family members. All three of these ladies have a strong faith but right now their faith is being tested in some mighty big ways. I have never gone through what they are going through so I can't relate to their situations personally but I can relate to struggles. How I pray they will know the Lord has not left them. 

If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held
Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where you'll find Me
And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go

I pray they will not give up praying but if they do I pray they will know I am standing in the gap for them. I also pray the enemy out of each of their situations. He is greater than anything the enemy puts before us. Oh I how pray for peace for each of them. His peace is the only thing to get us through the trials that come our way. I know while they are going through these times it is hard to understand but I pray they will stand on James 1:2-3.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for my dear sisters. The human side of me wishes they did not have to go through what they are going through. They are not the ones who have allowed sin into their lives but instead their family members have. I pray for an awakening in their family members. Lord, I stand in the gap for my sisters. They are weary. I know one feels like her prayers are hitting a ceiling. Lord, may they each rest in You and feel Your presence today. May they know You are there for them and hear them. Father, draw them closer to You through this time of turmoil in their life. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength In The Midst of Trials. Amen.

No comments: