Sunday, May 13, 2018

John 14:27 - "Blessings"


Every time I woke up and then again this morning the Lord had me praying the same thing for pastors...for them to be aware of the words they say today with it being Mother's Day. There are many woman who do not celebrate this day because of different reasons. Even though we all have a mother, not all have fond memories of the mother who birthed them. It is sad to think of ladies staying home from church today because being in service filled with honoring mothers is hurtful for them. I prayed throughout the night for them to realize God wants to heal them from the past so they can live in joy in the future. I also prayed for people to be sensitive to ones they know in such circumstances. My prayers are with ladies who:

  • were never able to have a child
  • aborted their unborn child
  • are estranged from their children
  • have a child dying
  • have prodigals
  • have children yet will not receive even a phone call from them
  • have children who have left this earth
  • are waiting for God to give them a husband so they can have children
  • gave sacrificially to raise another lady's child
  • have a mother who no longer knows them due to dementia, alzheimer's, etc.
  • never felt loved by their mother
  • was given away by their mother
  • have a mother who has left this earth or in the process of dying
  • live many miles from their mother
There are so many hurting people in this world. My heart breaks for each one who goes through life without the Lord's strength. I think that's why God had me praying for pastors to be sensitive to those in their flock who fall into these categories today. There is a fine line that must be walked on days like today. A pastor wants to celebrate mothers yet they must be cautious in doing so. Some of the ladies I prayed for during the night could have avoided their hurtful situations but not all. No matter what their situation, they need to feel the love of Jesus. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for my Momma who was able to visit us a few months ago. i pray a blessing over all Momma's today. I pray for ones who feel they cannot celebrate this day to find peace. Just as I prayed throughout the night and again this morning I pray for pastors to be sensitive to the hurts of many. Father, I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a bold way. Thank You for being My Blessing. Amen.

No comments: