Friday, May 19, 2017

Psalm 106:1-3 - "Home"


Every time I woke up during the night Chris Tomlin's song "Home" was going through my mind. Sometimes when I hear of a believer dying I am a little jealous. Days on this earth can be so hard. I am so grateful for the hope I have in my future with spending eternity with the Lord. 

I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong
Home



Yesterday as I visited a dear man in the hospital he kept saying over and over, "I'm finished." He talked of going to see his mother, father, and grandparents. He is so ready to be done on this earth. Praise the Lord he knows where he will spend eternity. In the past when I visited I would sing hymns for him and he would sing along. Not yesterday. He just closed his eyes and smiled but there was no singing out of him. At first that saddened me but then I thought about how I was being selfish to pray for him to stay. He is miserable in his physical body and has been for some time. He is 'finished' with fighting but the Lord continues to keep him here for a reason. Perhaps there is a nurse or doctor who needs to see the Lord in him. Or perhaps there is something he needs to take care of in his spirit. Only the Lord knows. I pray the Lord will be merciful in his situation. Later in the day when my ninety-four year old neighbor walked over with a thank you card once again I saw one who is tired of the aches and pains of life. She physically hurts all the time but she definitely doesn't hurt spiritually. She is such a prayer warrior and I know God put her in my life to encourage me. I feel bad I don't get to visit her as often as I use to but school takes up so much time these days. I am so grateful for her prayers. She no longer drives so is home a great portion of the time. She tells me, "I don't know why I'm still here but I guess I am needed. I can't do anything but pray." She sits on her couch hour after hour crocheting or knitting and praying. She makes hats for premies and lap blankets for shut-ins. What an example she gives me. Both of these dear people are ready to go 'home' but I know when their time comes I will have a great void in my life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time You gave me yesterday to be with Fred and Grammy. Thank You for the way You encourage me through them. Thank You for my time with Jimmy and Eli yesterday. Father, You are so awesome in filling my tank up with exactly what I need. I was so blessed to find out Ben is preaching the Sunday we are in Ohio. Then to find out I may see my sister for a short time today was the icing on the cake. You are so good! Lord, I pray for opportunities today to come in abundance for people to see/hear you through me. I pray for more of You to ooze out of me throughout this day. Lord, once again I pray against Doc's pain. I pray for him to have physical strength to do what needs done today with the trip to Rock Hill and tomorrow with doing his route. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Us. Amen.

No comments: