Monday, March 20, 2017

I John 1:9; II John 9 - "Love Broke Through"


The Lord woke me up during the night to pray for my boys, their ladies and my grand babies. I thought this was kind of weird because I pray for them regularly but I was blessed for Him to wake me. I am also blessed by them. Oh how I miss the days of having hugs and praying with them each night before bed. I miss their joking around like their Grandpa. With being in South Carolina I miss getting together with them. The time I had with them in February was priceless and I am already thinking about the next time we can be together. I am so grateful the Lord loved me enough to bring me back into relationship with Him when I walked away years ago. If He wouldn't have, my life would be so different today. His love is so powerful. It is so great. His love washed away my sins and accepted me back into fellowship with Him. His love continued to pull on my heart until I finally became committed to a life of holiness in Him. His love. Wow! He loved me enough to die on the cross so I can live. He didn't do this for just some but for all. Everyone has the hope of eternal life when they accept Him. In II John verse nine it reads, "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love." Jesus walked in obedience when He loved our Heavenly Father and died on the cross. We need to walk in obedience with Him. If we don't, His death was for naught. I don't think He is asking too much of us when I think of what He gave for us to live. He showed His love in a powerful way through His obedience. Life can be so different when we walk in His will through a life of obedience. Many are still fighting the idea of obedience but there is freedom in obedience. There are blessings in abundance in obedience. Yes there are times when obedience does not make sense but in the end the Lord knows what is best. I love the words to the song "Love Broke Through"...

When love broke thru 
You found me in the darkness 
Wanderin’ thru the desert 
I was a hopeless fool 
Now I’m hopelessly devoted 
My chains are broken 
And it all began with You 
When love broke thru 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that encompasses me and spills out of me. Thank You for Your death that allowed me to live. Thank You for my boys, their ladies and my grand babies who You bless me with. I started praying for each of them when I was just a little girl and will never stop praying for them. Lord, may today be a day they each find You in a new way. May they feel Your love in abundance today in ways that are different. Lord, I also pray for people who I will be around today or I will have contact with. May they see You in me. May Your words, actions, attitude and vision be mine throughout this day. Father, I pray for this week ahead to not be too filled with 'stuff' that my focus goes off of You. It is a little overwhelming to see the calendar but Father I know You are with me. Give me wisdom on when to stop and rest. Give me boldness when sharing You with others. Thank You Jesus for being My Love. Amen.

No comments: