Wednesday, September 28, 2016

II Peter 1:5-9 - "At The Cross (Love Ran Red)"


"At the cross, at the cross, I surrender my life...I'm in awe of You..." I woke up with these words going through my mind and was immediately blessed with the knowledge Jesus loves me so much that He died for me. As I think about His sacrifice, I think of what He expects from me. Plain and simple, the only thing He expects of me is obedience. Growing up I had many times of disobedience. Sometimes there was consequences and sometimes there were not. My obedience to the Lord has great consequences. I get to spend eternity with Him as I live out a life of obedience. While on this earth the consequence of my obedience is having His peace. If I am not obedient to Him, the consequence is not to have such privileges. If I choose the road of disobedience, I am choosing a life of misery. If I am not obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, I am not doing the Lord's will. When I am not obedient to Him, it is as if I am slapping Jesus in the face and telling Him He died for nothing. I do not ever want to fall into this situation. My goal is to not only hear His direction but then to fulfill it. The way this can happen is for me to stay deep in my walk with Him. I must exercise faith and trust. I must exercise sharing His love with others. I must exercise allowing Him total control over every aspect of my life. Then, and only then, will I be in total obedience to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for dying on the cross to not only save me from my sins but to lead me into a life of obedience. Father, many people treat the word obedience as if it were a dirty word. I am grateful for the way You have opened my eyes to a life of obedience. I am grateful with the knowledge of the consequences of my obedience as I walk in a life of holiness. Father, there is a new day in front of me. I pray for physical strength to get through this day. I pray You will not only just get me through it but enable me to be blessed through it in knowing You are seen and heard through my words, actions and attitude. Sometimes it is hard to stay focused when I am so fatigued. Lord, I pray You will enable me to stay focused on You. Father, I also pray for those who have accepted You into their heart yet have not accepted a life of obedience. Put someone before them that will make a difference in their life today. Thank You Jesus for being My Obedience! Amen.

No comments: